Types of Headless
There are several types of headless architecture, and it is important to recognise this before deciding on your approach.
- Independent Application : A seperate backend app (Drupal/Django) with an API which your frontend app can read.
- tbc : tbc
You will want to domains to use when setting up in this way:
- Frontend : This is the domain the client requested for users to see eg. admin.agile.coop
- Backend : This is an interface purely to edit data in the backend, ideally this would be the frontend domain with edit or -edit as the subdomain. This should keep it nice and easy for clients to understand. eg. admin-edit.agile.coop
- Setup your main appserver as the backend (this is for ease, as there are Drupal recipes)
- Setup a second (node) service as your frontend (this should have a domain as identified in the overview above)